2019 Shea Wine Cellars Chardonnay, Willamette Valley, USA
There are 6 units left in stock.
ABOUT THIS WINE
The latest plantings on the vineyard, Third Hill is a property that was added to Shea Vineyard in 2013. This directly east-facing site sees early morning sun and lots of wind influence late in the day. The vineyard, despite still being on entirely marine sedimentary soils, sits on an outcropping of basalt rock which covers much of the vineyard with baseball-to-basketball sized rocks.
Shea Vineyard was first planted to wine grapes in the late 1980s. Today Shea Vineyard is a 290-acre property with 155 planted acres. 149 of these acres are designated to Pinot Noir vines and Chardonnay. Roughly 20% of the Pinot Noir fruit produced each year by Shea Vineyard is used by Shea Wine Cellars for its releases. The other 80% of the Pinot Noir is sold to some of the finest winemakers in Oregon and California.